Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hmiman

FactoryTalk Batch 10

1 post in this topic

Hi, I have recently upgraded from RSBizware Batch v6 to FactoryTalk Batch v10. Don't ask what took me so long, corporate red tape. If Microsoft didn't stop supporting Windows Server 2000, we'd run it forever. I have only experienced one issue, being with transitions containing undefined terms. When the new batch engine evaluates an expression it requires a definite value for each term. The expressions in question had OR configurations in the form of [(Prompt:1.Report3 = “NO”) OR (Prompt:2.Report = “NO”)]. By design only one of the prompts would have run, giving only one term a solid value of either “YES” or “NO” with the other remaining on “????”. Logically, if one were “NO”, the transition would evaluate to true if only one of the values were “NO”, regardless of the state of other. Batch v6 would have recognised this and progressed. The new version requires a definite value in each individual term as it is unsure about how the unknown term would influence the outcome of the transition. I solved that by redesigning the affected transitions. The other irritating aspect is that I don't know how to log off. Leaving my admin user account logged on poses a risk. I created a useless account called "logoff" and just use that when I am done. Is there an option to enable a logoff button or am I just blind? If you had any other issues that I or anyone else should be aware of, please give me a heads up. Apologies if this is a strictly AB PLC forum. Regards,