Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest technogumbo

Communication problem with Allen-Bradley CNC-9/440

2 posts in this topic

Operator cycled power to Allen-Bradley CNC-9/440 multiaxis CNC controller, after getting machine out of sequence (something done before). After booting power to the machine, the CNC controller appears to have lost all programs (AMP, PAL and Parts Programs...the whole bit). Cannot get multiple programming computers to download programs back into the controller...no communication with the controller. The customer refused to stock spare controls parts for their CNCs. Pretty green on A-B CNCs.

The owner doesn't stock parts. You don't have much experience. This is what we call in the business "time to call somebody who does". A-B only supports their 9-series on a paid basis these days, so you're going to be laying out some money just to talk to them on the phone. Better to get their regional CNC expert out to get the machine running again. The biggest 9-series owner in my area (Boeing) relies on Jim Dowling out of A-B's Seattle office. If you're going to try to troubleshoot this on your own, go download the maintenance manual: http://www.ab.com/manuals/cnc/index.html#9/Series I'm not trying to rain on your parade, technogumbo, I'm just saying this is not going to be a repair you can accomplish on a shoestring.