Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan L

RSView screen macro help. please.

6 posts in this topic

I'm new to RSView and I wanted to write to a bit on a SLC-500 when a screen opens and closes. In other words, click go to screen button and the screen opens and sets bit B3:0/0 to 1. Hit screen close and the screen closes and turns off bit B3:0/0. I have heard that a macro is the only way to do this, but I have never written a macro in my life! Is there another, easier way to do this? Also, where is a good place with macro writing instructions? Thanks to anyone who can help. I'm glad I discovered this awesome forum! Alan in Atlanta

Hello Allan. I'm pretty much an amateur so you will probably have better advices. When you chose the button, did you select the momentary button or the latch/unlatch in the action tab? Do you have RSLogix500? There is the possibility to have a momentary button that would latch the Bit B3:0/0 via B3:0/1 and to unlatch it with B3:0/2. You have to be careful because it depends on what this B3:0/0 does. When there is a power up or power failure you have to be certain that there won't be security issues or that something will be set on while it should not. Therefore the S:1/15, the first pass will unlatch it. Experts will give you better advice. Hope it helped a little. UNTITLED.RSS

Don't be affraid by macro...it's simple. You'll need 2 macro, one for open one for close. Right clic on macro and select new. Then select tag you want to set and write 1 for set the tag (open screen in your application) or 0 for reset it (close screen in your application). In the display you want to do macro, right clic on used space and select display setting... select Behavior tab and select your startup and shutdown macro (display open and close) My opinion: the easier way to know in witch display HMI is, is to assign tag to display number in Global connection, Display tab. note if you use this method assign unique display number for each screen in display setting...

In RSView32 you can use a macro to do this, but you don't have to. Open a display for editing, right click in the window, and select Display Settings. Click the Behavior tab. In the commands box, you can enter commands which will be executed when the display opens and closes, so on opening could be: &Set Your_Tag_Name 1 and closing could be: &Set Your_Tag_Name 0 Several commands can be strung together using a semicolon to separate them, but this becomes difficult to read in the text box. That's why I put the commands in a macro, then the macro name goes in the command box in the behavior dialog.

This would be the best way if your using ME if you are using SE you will need to use VB the do the page changing.

As has been implied, there are three different versions of "RSView": RSView32, RSView ME, and RSView SE. Both the ME and SE versions are now called "FactoryTalk View". If you happen to be dealing with FactoryTalk View ME and the PanelView Plus operator interface terminals, I recommend instead to use the Global Connections, which allow you to write the current Screen Number to a register in the controller. This doesn't address all circumstances, but it is the method I prefer for simplicity in FTView ME.