Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamesfkelly

FTTM/RSSQL Startup Problem

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have the 9.00.00 version for Factory Talk Transaction Manager (formally known as RSSQL), and I cannot get it to work. I have a proper license, and RSLinx Enterprise as as was RSLinx Classic (classic is needed for Logix5000). When the software was first installed, it did work properly. However, I have a third party OPC server running (Software Toolbox TOP Server), I removed that software from the machine because it was no longer of use to me on said machine. To remove the software I had to exit FTTM first. After removing the TOP Server, I restarted the FTTM and got the following error message: "(33218) The software cannot determine the FactoryTalk Directory server information for the Configuration Server 'DBDL0T3J'; this Configuration Server did not respond. Contact your sdministrator for more information." I have uninstalled the FTTM and reinstalled it, but the problem remained. I then looked up there error in both help and the KB and they claim that either the computer name is too long (over 15 characters), which is is not, or that the fire wall is blocking the port 402, which is also not the case. I have been on the phone with the local engineer to no avail. Can anyone possibly help me with this issue. Thanks much, James Kelly

This is a REAL long-shot, but I have seen many weird problems resolved by simply deleting the Harmony.xxx files in the C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon folder. Stop RSLinx, then delete the file(s). These files will automatically re-generate the next time you start RSLinx. They are simple text files, but have been a "bugaboo" to RSLinx since DOS days. If something that is logged in a Harmony file changes, very strange things begin to happen. This may not help, but it will not hurt. Bill

Bill, Gave it a try, but no such luck. Thanks much all the same. James