Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamesfkelly

Bosch Rexroth PLCs

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am looking for a simple PLC with fast analog input cards (I need to be able to get accurate samples at 100Hz if possible). I have been testing A-B CompactLogix 1769, but am having all kinds of difficulty with it and getting little support from them in solving my problems, so I have decided to start investigating alternatives. Bosch Rexroth is one of the PLCs I've come across in my search with an analog input card spec-ed at the speed I need that also has a branch located here in Ireland. Myself, I've never heard of Bosch's PLC's and certainly never worked them, so I would just liked to gather some opinions of people that have worked with it before. How reliable are they, how easy to work with are they, how's their support, etc...? Any comments would be welcomed. Thanks for your input, James

Hi, We have just started using Rexroth PLC's and are using the L65, but not sure to it true potential. However, we do use Beckhoff for high speed in-register applications using a CX1020 and E bus terminals on ethercat. These are sold as being as near to real time I/O as you can get. We have high speed digital and analogue modules running on remote I/O and the PLC scans at 125us (microseconds). It uses CoDeSys (same as Rexroth). I'd look at Beckhoff as I know we can't do this application with the Rexroth gear. Hope this helps, James