Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmab

Configure 1747-SCNR

4 posts in this topic

Is it possible to configure 1747-SCNR using RsLinx and RSnetworx? I don't have 1784-PCC and 1784-PCC1 because they are expensive.

RSNetworx needs to be able to access the ControlNet network to configure the 1747-SCNR. You can use the 1784-PCC/PCC1 interface card or 1784-PCIC interface card, which are the most direct connection. You can also connect to the ControlNet using a 1770-KFC15 serial interface, or the slot-mounted 1747-KFC15 serial interface. You can also connect by bridging to the ControlNet from a ControlLogix system using a 1756-CNB, -CNBR, -CN2, or -CN2R module.

Someone has 1784-PCC and 1784-PCC1 to lend me? I don't wanto to buy this component, because they are expensive.

Maybe this is a dumb question but if you were so worried about costs, why did you invest in the most expensive network available for AB processors, next to the obsolete DH+/RIO? If you use Controlnet, then you will need to shell out a lot of cash for every node, extra software, coaxial cable, cable couplers, and so forth. There is a reason that the PC world quit using Arcnet (the underlying network Controlnet is based on) about 20 years ago.