Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gromit

RSView32 tags

9 posts in this topic

How are RSView32 tags counted? How can I tell how many tags count against the license limit?

Device type (I/O) tags are counted towards the limit. Checking the tag count may depend on the revision level. For revision 7.40, open the tag database. Select Help>Tag Statistics... from the menu bar. Under Tag Limits you will find the actual and limit values for I/O tags.

Thanks ScottC! I have RSView32 rev 7.1, which does not display Tag Statistics under the Help menu. Is there any other way to count the tags in my current revision?

You can use VBA. Put the following line in the immediate window. Debug.Print gTagDb.NumberOfDeviceTags

Thanks AutomaticLeigh. I am not familiar with VBA in RSView32. I worked through the help files but do not have enough information to make the VBA code work. Please advise.

Open your project. Select the 'Edit Mode' tab in the project manager window, and expand 'Logic and Control'. Double click 'Visual Basic Editor'. If it is not already open, open the immediate window in the visual basic editor by pressing CTRL+G, or in the menu bar click View | Immediate Window. Click in the immediate window. Enter the following line and press return: ? gTagDb.NumberOfDeviceTags You only need Debug.Print to do this from a subroutine.

Thanks AutomaticLeigh. I was able to do what you suggested, but don't know what you mean by this statement. . ."You only need Debug.Print to do this from a subroutine."

In my first post, I suggested you use Debug.Print, but only because I copied this line from a program, to save time (and thinking). Debug is an object with only one method (AFAIK) which is Print. The method prints text in the immediate window at run time, so is usually used only for debugging a program. A program to find the number of device tags could look like this: Sub TagCount() Debug.Print gTagDb.NumberOfDeviceTags End Sub If you put this into the VBA editor window, and run it (press F5), the number of tags is printed in the immediate window. Not terribly useful as it stands, but that's how it works.

Thanks again AutomaticLeigh!!!! This worked perfectly, and yielded the following results. NumberOfRSViewDeviceTags.bmp