Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mrclk

Devicenet mapping problem!

1 post in this topic

Need help! I am using a CLX controller and a flex I/O rack with analog and digital inputs. There are two analog input output cards already configured on the network with seven available input channels. I am trying to connect a analog pressure switch with a 4-20 MA signal to one of these analog cards. The analog card catalog number is 1794-IE4XOE2/B. The scanner catalog number is 1756-DNB/A. This card is a 4 analog Input 2 analog Output combined I/O unit. I am already using input channel 2 for a pressure switch feedback. My question is, how do I map any of the three left channels to the controllogix for it to read this new pressure switch? I went to the configuration screen on RS Networks and attempted to remap this channel to a Data word on the PLC. I am not that familiar with Devicenet and wanted to get some expert advice before I go any further. Attached find a couple of screen shots ilustrating my current scanner configuration for this card and the PLC tags. Currently I am getting data to word I2 [25], I would like to configure channel 3 of the same card to word I2 [26]. Is this possible? According to the scanner setup this word is already mapped however I get no read out when the miliamp signal is connected to the channel terminal. thanks Joe