Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DavisIMI

PV 600 COMMUNICATIONS

3 posts in this topic

I know this must sound like a dumb question to you all but here it goes. I'm trying to learn, teach myself, PanelBuilder 32, and I have a few used PV's here at home and tonight is my first attempt at trying to communicate with one. In the PanelBuilder 32 Getting Results Manual it says," To transfer applications between a computer and a DH-485 or RS232(DH-485) PanelView terminal, you must use the RSLinx 1747-PIC Device driver", but then on down in the example it shows in the "Transfer Type" box, DF1 Point to Point. So from what I'm taking of this is to have the PIC driver configured in RSLinx and have the DF1 Point to Point and my com port selected, Right? Anyway I cannot connect and reading further I find that I may be using the wrong cable, I have the 1747 CP3 cable and I just found where it says 2711-NC13 cable. Would this be my problem? I searched this sight and couldn't find such a cable. I haven't searched the net yet. I bought a cable a couple of weeks ago that I already had, so I wanted to check here first. So do I need this cable to connect from my serial port to the PV 600, through a PIC driver, to the RS-232 port on the PV 600, with the DF-1 Point to Point selected in the box in the PanelBuilder 32 software? Thanks for any and all help Edited by DavisIMI

Never mind, I do need the 2711-NC13 cable.

In the menu, clic on File -> Workstation setup... and check the box use rslink. You'll be able to use all your RSLink driver.