Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malc cope

PAnelView Plus Data logging

4 posts in this topic

Hi All I have an application which currently has a Panelview Plus 1000 HMI, on which we have a number of trend graphs, currently the number of points available give us approx 28 days historical trending. We wish to be able to look back further than this. One of the solutions I have been considering is to replace the PV with the equivalent CE model & running data logging, recording & viewing software on there. Is this a reasonable solution?

If I remember you can put in compact flash to increase you data logging trends for the panelview. We have PC stations (in addition to PV+) which use FTView ME and use an ActiveX add-in from AB to datalog up to 100 floats to a csv file. This can be as low as 1s update rate and you can have a new file periodically (every day, month, etc).

Thanks for replying, I will look into that, dont think fitting CF card will help, as my understanding is that the limitation of number of saved points will still be the same, i.e 300,000 before the oldest data is over written.

With the PC's if I have the screen with the trend on active then it logs more than the 300,000 points (I can go back days when 300,000 points is only 18 hours for my system). I use ontop for my screens instead of replace to ensure that the trend is active even when it isn't being viewed, then again I'm using the power of PC's compared to a PanelView (I use replace exclusively on these).