Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan the Man

AB product revision change list?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Sorry if this topic has been answered already, but I've been searching for some time now and have been unable to find the information I'm looking for. I would like to know if there is any information regarding the differences or changes to AB devices with each series increment and, if so, where it can be found. Eg. What are the differences between a 1756-DNB series A and B cards? I am more specifically interested in the ControLogix equipment, but I imagine if there is a central repository of such information all of AB's products could be found there. Thank you in advance for your help. Dan.

Thats easy but this is just a contrologix software to firmware revision level spreadsheet. It is at this link http://www.rockwellautomation.com/support/firmware.html Then select Control Hardware* — RSLogix 5000, ControlLogix I/O, Flex I/O, NetLinx Comm Cards, PowerFlex and Stratix Switches Sign in to the website shows u this which is a spreadsheet showing firmware to software revisions required for the card above. http://support.rockwellautomation.com/ControlFlash/

Hi Controlsdude, Thank you for the excellent response. The information at the link you provided will be very useful. However, it's not quite what I was looking for. I was looking for information on hardware changes between the various series of each card. Sorry, I probably should have made the thread title a bit clearer. It's a funny situation because I seem to be the only person interested in it. Even our local Rockwell rep doesn't know where to find it.

They don't generally tell you a whole lot. There are release notes that come out and are put in the tech note library. Usually these are about all the information you will get. Sometimes it's not a "bug" type situation. Rockwell may find a way to make something less expensive or they may have to change manufacturers or raw materials. In that case, they create a new revision. No change to the end user though so no release notes. Usually only processors get the full "release note" information. The trigger for generating release notes is either that a new feature is added or some bugs are fixed. Those get well documented. Everything else doesn't change functionality so you won't see anything published. You can usually find the release notes publicly as well in literature.rockwellautomation.com. Just drill down to the part you are looking for. Edited by paulengr