Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeenjang

Need Help with Panasonic FP-X serial comm

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was using Serial comm add-on cassette with Program Controlled Mode and <CR> (0x0D) as end code to interface with my customer's PC script. Historically it was the correct format, however the script now somehow uses <LF> (0x0A) as end code and yet FP-X doesn't have the option to use <LF> Now I don't have a working PLC to test out and I have to solve this by next visit to them, my question is, 1) If I change end code to NONE, will serial comm port still receives the data packet without much delay, or will it be relying on time out? 2) will the data packet length still be correct or simply the length of array size being defined? If no end code is not an option, is there any working alternative without wiring change? i think Panasonic really should fix this limitation as I never had problem like this on Omron. p.s.: i'm programming on FPWIN PRO Many thanks!

let me answer the questions by myself in case anyone here encounters same problem In FPWin Pro, there's a function block called IsReceiveTimeOut, if time-out period is set correctly according to baudrate, it will be quite reliable and packet size will be expected incoming data size.