Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TEJ

Devicenet network cabling

2 posts in this topic

Friends, In one of my project with devicenet network in MCC room , I want to know the exact clearance space required between the devicenet communication cable(Thick Cable) and Motor Power Cable. I have searched in devicenet related catalogs, but couldnt get the information. If any body could help me on this, then it will be highly appreciated. Regards, TEJ

It depends! Devicenet uses a variant of RS-485 as the media specification. So the same rules that apply to Profibus and Modbus/RTU apply. If you are running shielded twisted pair (thick cable is pretty close to this) and ground the shield properly (one end only) you could probably get away with running them in the same conduit together but I'd recommend separate conduits, if you are running conduit. Otherwise, be reasonable. Within the drive cabinet, don't worry about it too much. Just be sure to keep equipment, control, and power grounds separate. In other words, follow the grounding requirements in the manuals religiously. And one more thing...you must put in ALL the screws if you are using Powerflex drives, especially the one that actually doubles as a ground connection.