Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naptime

Q02H to Data Station Plus

3 posts in this topic

Greetings Everyone, I'd like to thank all the high-volume contributors for all the solutions they've provided me in the past. I've trolled the site for some time now, but currently, I'm at my wit's end. I have a Mitsubishi Q02HCPU equipped with a QJ71E71-100 connected through a network hub to a Red Lion Data Station Plus protocol convertor (DSPSX0000). What I'm attempting is to monitor Data Registers in the Q02H with the DSP and, upon a change in data, pass it to a Micrologix 1100... but I can't. I've tried implementing both TCP/IP Master drivers provided with the Crimson application with no luck. I've configured the Open Settings of the Mitsubishi per the driver data sheets. I can ping everything from all ends of my local network. I've tried removing the switch from the equation. I've been in contact with Red Lion technical support numerous times, none of which has resulted in any "moments of clarity" even though I've followed their direction/suggestions perfectly. Hopefully I'm missing something obvious. Does anyone have any background with such a setup? I wasn't sure whether to make this post in the HMI/SCADA forum or here, but considering that I am having no issue communicating between the Micro and the DSP, my assumption is that the issue is with the configuration of the Mitsubishi. I can provide more detail to the specifics of my configuration as queries *hopefully* roll in Hopefully I'm going about this the right way (w.r.t. posting). Thanks again for the support. Ryan

When I first did SCADA with Q series the first problem I had was not being able to open the ports. I found that even though you can set the IP settings and DNS settings in either Hex or Decimal the port number you use is always in Hex. That messed me up for a while because I was trying to open up port 1020 in decimal and I didn't know it had to be in Hex. Not sure if that's your issue or not but that was the problem that had me ripping my hair out Edited by Duffanator

I made this post in the hope that some trivial oversight on my part would be exposed... WHADAYA KNOW!! Thanks Duff, you're the man! ...and not a hair too soon.