Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
*XxGunnerxX*

RSViewse CPR7 and PLC5/40e database issues

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, Have done several SE projects for this client, all using newer Contrologix processors. The screens have always been direct addressed to the PLC via enterprise and the tag database has only been used as a method to generate alarms and the odd memory tag to assist with turning tag visibility on and off or similar functions. We have for the first time picked up a project that uses a 5/40e processor along with 2 new contrologix. Problem is this.... 1. If you directly address the items on the screen by browsing through enterprise to the 5/40 you can animate the symbol without a problem. 2. if you cut and paste the exact same plc address into a database tag and try to use that method to drive the item it wire frames. 3. I have even had 2 analogues on screen one direct addressed and one via a tag in the database using the exact same plc address and the database version wire frames, direct addressed is fine. At the moment I have got round the problem by direct addressing the screens but we currently cannot get any alarms from the plc5/40. We are about to undertake a new project larger than the one mentioned above where I need to be able to use the database, so i'm looking to sort this little problem out.... OK, hardware software configs 1 x server windows 2003 sp2 2 x dell clients windows xp pro sp2 1 x rockwell versaview xp pro sp2 RSviewse CPR7 (Plus), Studio, 3 runtime clients. All patched to 5 march 07 thanks Gun PS installing CPR9 is not an option, existing plants are all CPR7 and the client does not want to have different CPR versions running on plant on site. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Well, that's just weird. I never had any problems connecting RSView SE 4.0 to PLC-5E or SLC-5/05 controllers. I had an problem with MicroLogix 1100 because it wouldn't browse the data tables, but directly typing in the addresses worked. It sounds like any PLC-5 tag that runs through the HMI tag database is not working correctly, not just animations but also numeric displays and alarm tags. Do Memory tags in the HMI database work correctly ? I assume they do, but I'm asking. Are there any diagnostics in the FactoryTalk logs that refer to communication failures ? Is there any chance you have an RSLinx Classic OPC Topic with the same name as an RSLinx Enterprise Shortcut that might be confusing the HMI Tag Database ?