calambe

rslogix 500 free download

6 posts in this topic

How can I use the rslogix 500 free download to test my program without the need for a real processor, real power supply and real I/O modules? Please help

Using just the free programming download - you can't. But, in answer to the next question "Is there something I can download for free to do this simulation?" No Edited by b_carlton

You will have to get in touch with your local Allen Bradley distributor. They will be able to advise on the least expensive method of testing without hardware (emulator). Indeed, the emulator software may prove to be as expensive as the hardware supported by the free programming edition. But any absolute test of a program is in the final working environment. With an emulator the testing is only as good as your testing methods. Edited by b_carlton

Greetings calambe ... and welcome to the forum ... my distinguished colleague b_carlton has already answered your question - but let me suggest that you post your program here on the forum ... depending on what you've written, maybe we can come up with an idea that will be helpful ... no promises - but at least we'll take a look at it for you ...

Post your program and IF I have time I can dump into a ML and see what happens. Edit ....Must post quicker..... Edited by Bob O