Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Machine61

SLC Tag Import w/ FT 5.00.55 - Problems

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I'm working on a project that uses FT SE 5.00.55 connected to an SLC 5/05. I developed the PLC Program and have everything I need in it for the application (except what I may need to add or delete during debugging). I opened the Tag Editor in FT and imported the tags from my RS Logix 500 Program. The import appeared to work fine and all addresses appeared to be correct. When I downloaded the FT Application to the PC and fired everything up I noticed that some of my tags would work and some would not. Most noticably where the Soft Pushbuttons I created. Some of them would work and some left the tool on the FT Screen with a wireframe (error). There are other errors too but I figured it would be best to focus on the most noticeable. One last note, All my floating point based tags did work. It seems that this biggest problem is for tags that reference a bit level address. I have looked for the obvious mistakes such as underlying tags within the animation section of a tool and I am reasonably sure that everything is correct. The FT Applications was an existing and working App. All I did to it was import the tags and replace the original tags used by the tools with the addresses I imported - all of which was done in the FT Editing environment. Has anyone run into this issue before and if so were you able to come up with a fix for it? I'd really hate to have to type these all in by hand as there are hundreds of them. Thanks you in advance for your time and help. Regards, -Machine