Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MDH

PLC-2

5 posts in this topic

I have an old PLC 2/15 that I would like to use for a garage project... Does anyone know where I can secure either AB 6200, ICOM, or any other old software that I can use to get into this dinosaur. I know there are a lot of newer and cheaper stuff out there but I've got it and with the economy (at least mine) in its state I'd sure like to keep the $$$ down if at all possible.

http://www.plc2software.com/

Thanks for the reply, I had seen that software but it's close to 500 bucks.... ouch.... I'm sure it's worth every penny but I was actually just hoping to find something lying around for it shant be used anywhere 'cept for the 'ol garage and I truly would like "not" to spend any more than I absolutely have to.... Again, thanx for the reply and help.

I think if anyone here offers up the software for free or discount that might be an infringement of this board's usage policy (i.e., selling of copywritten software). I quickly found someone on Ebay selling just that...CD copies of the software with a homebrew programming cable...for $350. Obviously Allen-Bradley has not found this out (yet).

I totally agree about the infringement and copyright protection, etc... I know that I used that software in the early 80's and actually just assumed that almost "noone" used it anymore, sincerely... Considering also that there was a third party or second, considering how we look at it, software currently available I really just expected the 'ol 6200 and or Icom to be a dead horse and in a shareware "sort of" venue as it were... Seems a shame, honestly, to have these dinosaurs in these old racks that noone (but me I guess) uses and the software is still out of my budgetary reach. Well I suppose it is what it is. Kind of like a record, the royalties will always keep comin'... Thanks again, Mitch