Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaxrpc

intouch 10 - Redundancy

3 posts in this topic

Hi, How do i setup redundancy with intouch 10? For example when PLC1 goes down intouch10 will automatically pull data from PLC2. thanks

Jaxrpc, There are a few ways that this could be done. It could be scripted using a heartbeat and then use I/OSetAccessName for the switch over. You could use the secondary datasource within the accessname for the other topic Or www.solutionspt.com have a product called Drax which does it all for you. Best regards,

hi Paul, thanks for your reply. I figured out the easiest way without any editing to the existing running application would be setting up the secondary datasource. I have 2 ethernet card on my industrial PC and i tried setting up a secondary source for the accessname but i can't seems to make it work. Here's what i did. In access name. application name : MitEhternet Topic : Mit enable secondary source (i checked this) application name: MitEthernet Topic : Mit2 but when i plugged out my the cable of my first ethernet. it will not automatically fail over and receive data from the 2nd ethernet. By the way the 1st ethernet card is connected directly to the first plc and the 2nd to the secondary ethernet port of the first plc. thanks man