Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wulfgar

Warning: Rx3i PAC symbol table corruption

3 posts in this topic

I'm in the middle of debug on a new machine. I was making an online edit this morning with Proficy 5.90 SP1 on a Rx3i CPU10 PAC firmware 5.50. It lost equity when I tried to save the online edits. I'm guessing I was not in edit mode but in the loose equality mode or whatever it calls it, why does it even have this choice? So I figured I would just upload from the PLC since verify failed even after I undid the small change I made to the ladder. After uploading the Logic all the ladder looked the same but the symbols were all different. The whole program was corrupt. I probably would of been fine if I used the "close without saving", didn't realize it auto saves on exit. I had the same result when I created a new project and uploaded everything from the PAC. The project dosen't compile since there are a ton of errors due to wrong type of symbols on the different instructions. But the PAC still runs, no errors, I can still control it from the HMI even though the ladders appears all messed up. I'm waiting on a response from my GE supplier on what to do next. Worst case I have a backup from yesterday morning so I'll lose one full day of edits. Just wanted to warn everyone to make sure you have current backups of Proficy projects in case something gets corrupted. Edited by Wulfgar

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your problem with the RX3i. I had the very same problem last year and had to use a previous backup becuase the uploaded program was corrupt. You may also need to clear the memory of the processor to enable the download of the new program. I had to replace the processor with a spare to get the machine running and then I had to put the old processor in a spare rack and clear the memory to get it to accept the download. I have not had any trouble out of it since, but there are two things that I do now to prevent this from happening again. I only make online edits one rung at a time. When this happened, I had made online edits to several rungs at the same time and was trying to accept the edits. Also, I was programming the unit with the ETM001 ethernet module via a network switch. Now, I only make online edits while attached directly to one of the ETM001 ports. Good luck

Interesting so this has been a problem for a while now. I'm also using the ETM001 Ethernet card and I'm connected through a managed switch. I was only editing one rung online before I did the upload and the corruption occurred. GE tech support offered no solution to the corruption; the tech said he had never seen this problem before. I cleared the PLC memory and downloaded a backup from the previous day. I'm now in the process of getting the program back up to where it was. I'm just making much more frequent backups and not uploading when it loses equality. The check equality does not work since it sees a different data as being not equal even right after doing a download. The GE tech said he was able to duplicate the corruption so hopefully the developers will be able to track down the bug an issue a patch to fix it. I just love being a beta tester for companies that release software before it's ready. Update 3/18/2009: Still no word on a fix from GE, it's been in the developers hands since 3/5 as a high priority. Update 6/3/2009: Still not a peep from GE. Edited by Wulfgar