Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zarky44

Ifix3.0 and thin client

1 post in this topic

Hope I can make this clear. We have iFix 3.0 running on a Windows 2003 server which I think has 6 thin client license. I need to replace one thin client with a PC running windows with multimonitor capabilities. We want to be able to have more than one workspace window up. As near as I can figure the thin client we have are not capable of this, also ifix 3.0 does not support this although the new $$upgrade software does + $$ tech support. I have tested using split screen on a bench test with iFix 3 running and this will work as long as operator understands dragging open windows to other monitor. The thin clients map to the C:\PDB on server and executes workspace.exe file which brings it up on the thin client. I am thinking all I need is a .bat file that does the same thing the boot file for thin client is doing. There are some parameters that need to be set like I don't want to bring desktop from server to new PC. I think this has some function from RDP. If you got an idea what I am talking about here please point me in the right direction. Oh I also was investigating the use of rdesktop 1.6 which is linux based. I played with linux once when it was born but buried it and stayed with wimdows. Maybe time for a resurrection. Thanks, John