Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shane.m

Using WinCC with a OPC server

3 posts in this topic

Hello I am 4th year mech eng student and im doing my final year project on a Scada system. Im a newbie to wincc. So far i've set up a OPC server and this connects to WinCC over a LAN. Ive imported the tags , so far so good. Here's my questions The data on the tags is in a "raw" format so is there an easier way to get the diagnostics of the PLC rather than using C script in graphics designer? As i'm using an OPC server does this just limit me in gettting Diagnostics of the slave or can i get more information on what the process is doing? Hope this makes sense! Shane

Based on the manufacturer of your plc, you should be able to access the diagnostic registers with wincc or an OPC server. You might want to post the PLC that you are using and what you are trying to access for comment. Post it under the appropriate PLC manufacturer forum.

Depending on your system you should be able to have "automatic" system alarm list on HMI after some alarm configuration settings. If that's what you mean. I wonder what kind of diagnostics exactly do you mean and what's the plc etc.