Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Krell

Digi One IAP serial to Ethernet with SLC5/03

5 posts in this topic

I have been using one of these Digi One IAP units to connect to an allen bradley SLC 5/03 PLC. The issue that I am experiencing is that ocassionally there will be a period where i do not have connection and the only way to regain connection is to reboot the Digi One. Does anyone know what this could be?

Could be a firmware version problem. The guy who wrote the firmware is Lynn Linse. He seems to haunt the forums on the Digi web site. In addition, he has his own site/blog: http://iatips.com/blog/index.html

Could be anynumber of things. Most commonly this type of issue is seen when there are no Keep Alive settings set for the enternet side of the connection. These settings tell the digi how long to wait with a stale connection before ressetting the listen port for connections. Rebooting the Digi does this for you.

I have a counter tag that runs constantly that is picked up by wonderware. Shouldnt that be enough to maintain connection?

I have a counter tag that runs constantly that is picked up by wonderware. Shouldnt that be enough to maintain connection?