Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZedIDave

Serial Connection to B&R x20 CP1484

2 posts in this topic

This is my first time trying to use a B&R PLC using Automation Studion 3.0.71 SP2. The vendor sent over a CP1484 CPU and some I/O. I am trying to establish a serial connection. This is through the IF1 serial connections. I have tried the following: 1) Initially I tried to connect and upload the hardware configuration into a new project. I set the com port to the default settings for the CPU (57600, even). No luck. It appears to try to connect as I get the "S" light to turn on along with the "T" on the IF1 card. I tried different settings just for the kicks and still no connection. 2) Created a project with just the CPU. Tried to transfer the Automation Runtime. It could not connect and I tried each speed. I have looked through the documentation and I have a copy of the training modules and I have not found anything that I may be doiing wrong. Does anyone have any experience with the B&R line. Thanks

I found the problem. As you always read, CHECK THE CABLE. The cable that I had someone make, is mirrored from front to back. They had the send/rec on pins 3 and 4 instead of 2-3. I do not have a soldering iron on hand so I will have to wait until Monday.