Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZedIDave

GE Remote I/O Possibilities

2 posts in this topic

We have a system coming through that we want to get a feel as to what would be the best solution for remote I/O. The setup will roughly consist of : Main Rack 374 CPU 48 Digital Input 48 Digital Outputs Remote Location - 80-100ft from Main Rack 32 Digital Inputs 48 Digital Outputs 3 Analog Inputs I would like some suggestions from the GE guru's to see what possible configurations there are and how easy they were to implement. This can be using GE I/O or other vendos remote I/O. Thanks for any suggestions

There are 3 ways, depending on your preferences or needs for implementing 3rd party devices: 1. use a remote I/O rack. The cable from the main rack to the remote has to be done by yourself, but the rack itself uses the same modules like the main rack and would be the cheapest solution 2. use remote I/Os connected via Ethernet. EGD (Ethernet Global Data) is supported from VersaMax ENIU (but not very fast) or 90-30 ENIU. Modbus TCP is another option for openess. 3. use a fieldbus like DeviceNet or Profibus and you are flexible with I/Os. Would require an additional Mastermodule in the CPU rack. GEF has some interesting IP67 I/Os where you can put the I/Os directly to the field without panel around. Hope this helps. Joern