Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markm54

CX Server Lite and MS Access

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone successfully used CX Server Lite with Access to read/write PLC data? I can use Excel with the communications control object and any of the graphic components that come with "Lite" to read/write data over our e-net network to a PLC. But, as soon as I try this with Access, something errors out, something locks up, the app loses communications with the OLE server....on and on. Omron tech support is apprahensive about helping with "Access" communications. I'd not persist were it not for the fact that we use MS Access for the front end of everything we do here. Any suggestions? mark

Hi, The manual doesn't specify that it can work with MS-Access. If with Excel and all their VBA.

OK thanks. I'm being discouraged in using Excel since that'd give us one more thing to manage. That leaves VB. Are you aware of a good quick start guide for VB? mark

Following link is nice for VB http://www.garybeene.com/vb/tutor.htm Also I have puplished an ActiveX controller for FINS, you can download it from my blog I hope I can publish its documentation but unfortunately it requires VB programming too.

Moosty, Thanks...I'm on my way to visit these sites now. I appreciate your time! Mark