Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sal7

Output to PLC

6 posts in this topic

Hi, What i am trying to achieve is to out to a plc so that a light comes. I am trying to achieive this via some MES/SCADA software, when i send a value through the software it should switch on the light. I am doing this through OPC server and a data logger. When i send the Value through it does go through the OPC server and i can see that value in the data logger i just dont know of any commands to use in Twidosoft to say when that value comes into a memoryword or memoryflag or an input or any other command in twido, the output should be to switch the light on. any help would be much appreciated Regards, Sal

I suppose you are trying to write the value 1 in the PLC memory word 0 (modbus address 400001) and you want to light on the first output %Q0.0. In the software you may write (in editor list) the following lines: LD [ %MW0 = 1 ] ST %Q0.0 END Meanings: first line = load the memory word 0 and when it is equal to 1 second line = store the logic result (1 true, 0 false) to the output %Q0.0 third line = cycle finished so update the outputs If you want to write a bit rather than a word for instance %M0 you may write as follows: LD %M0 ST %Q0.0 END Load the bit 0 and store the value in the output Q0.0

Hi, I tried that, but it is not working, i can see the value hit the data logger and have checked the OFS client to see if that MW is good but still cannot get it to put a value in the PLC. Regards, Sal

i got it i was making a silly mistake, thanks for all your help. Regards, Sal

hi, I'm happy for you. Can you post how you have solved the problem?

Yeash sure thing. The OFS server was in the wrong PLC mode. i have options of UNITY, PL7, CONCEPT, X-TEl, and ORPHEE. For this particular type i had to select in CONCEPT. So i could see everything hit the datalogger and the OFS data quality was good but was not getting through to the PLC. Regards, Sal