Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rebuke

OMRON PC controlled software?

3 posts in this topic

I've been out of the PLC biz for quite some time and I'd like to know if Omron has come out with non-plc platform controls, like Labview. Basically I'm looking for a PC based program operating USB I/O blocks, but Omron, not labbview.

Hi Rebuke There isn't a PC based controls platform in the Omron range. The nearest maybe using the Dyalox Industrial PC made by Omron (boasting supreme reliability) and the use of the PLC card in a PCI format (i.e. resides in the PC). This offers reliable machine control as it's not reliant on Windows. This PLC has built-in DeviceNet, so the I/O blocks could sit on this. Using CX-Supervisor (Omron's SCADA type software) whether with Dyalox platform or a standard PC provides a simple interface between a PLC environment and a PC environment. Do you have a specific requirement for a PC-based solution? Please come back with any questions as there are other options which may be more suitable. Pp

Hello Rebuke, I suppose that your interest is to supervise an installation anything critic, anything of real time. To "draw" what you want to watch over and to have I/O. The good solution commented by Pp is the possible thing for Omron. But I will always think in that the control has it a PLC. Is he able to that it doesn't interest you to program the PLC? Omron has added enough novelties lately as for programming instructions in ladder and mainly, in programming languages (ST, SFC). If you can wait a little more, let us see that he/she will offer Ethernet/IP and their possibilities as for periphery for E/S. Will one be able to connect Dyalox? Regards, Automation