Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Dyble

New to DL06

3 posts in this topic

I have specified DL06 for a small project which I am involved in. It is very price sensitive as there are 22 similar systems (3 different programs between the lot) Cost wise it hits the mark! What are the experiences of the forum on this system, my last experience was with the DL405 just after Texas/Siemens dropped it, and the experience was neutral from what I can remember. Program is very simple, about 40 rungs of logic which is a simple sequence. Only complication is that we will be using Modbus on each unit to modify timer variables from a central point, using a Red Lion DSP and a PC running IE. Tech guy recommended isolating the comms port as there are 22 linked together which we will do So whats the good bad and ugly of this system before I hit send on my report and recommendations!

I cannot think of anything bad about them. I love AutomationDirect PLC's and Directsoft, they are all I specify for my projects. The 06 is a very powerful little package.

I ran the support department for several years at Kepware and I do not recall ever getting a complaint about any of the new processors. Automaton direct private lables our KEPServerEX as KepDirect server. Fred Loveless Sienor Application Engineer Kepware Technologies