Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave46

Remote comms?

3 posts in this topic

Hi all I have a client who wants to use total ethernet connection to allow for remote access to their kit (usually we use industrial dial up modems, so this IP is new to me). E1100 HMI and FX3U with ENET module will site on customers VLAN we then VPN (from our part of the world) into the VLAN where the kit resides my question(s) are : We use GX developer for PLC modifications, once the VPN is established on our side to the customers VLAN, is it a case of setting the IP address under Transfer Setup for the PLC IP address ? Or is there any port settings or other protocols I need to be aware of to gain access to the PLC remotely? any advice on this method will be very much appreciated thanks

Dave, I use a VPN at our company from home with no problem. There are a million ways to setup a network so I would try to ping the node first (make sure the PLC responds to ping (setup in ethernet communication)). If that works try to connect. If it does not, go talk to the IT people and see what they may restrict in a VPN connection. Going through the VPN, should be like plugging directly into their network. Just relize the speed differences due to internet connections. Regards, Craig

Craig thanks for the heads up, is reassuring to know this method should be straight forward thanks