Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Van

CJ1M-CPU12-ETN vs CJ1M-CPU11 + CJ1W-ETN21

3 posts in this topic

I have two PLCS: CJ1M-CPU12-ETN (built in Ethernet) and a CJ1M-CPU11 + CJ1W-ETN21 According to the manual, the ethernet modules are the same (ENT21). The version codes are the same (V1.4). I have configured both Ethernet modules (CPU built-in and the CJ1W) with the same UNIT NO so that our PLC code is portable between both units. However, the socket TCP function block code DOES work on the CPU11 + CJ1W-ENT21 but will NOT work on the CJ1M-CPU12-ETN. Am I missing something?

Hi Van The CJ1-CPU12-ETN isn't the same as the ETN21; it's the same functionality as the ETN11, i.e. doesn't support socket services. Pp Edited by ParaffinPower

The CJs with built in Ethernet are really ETN21 modules with different firmware. The (CS1W) ETN01 and (CS /CJ) ETN11 did both support socket services. The built in Ethernet modules were introduced as lower cost units to allow programming, HMI connection, SCADA connection, etc. Bascially any app where the PLC is not the device initiating communications. What the built in Ethenet modules are missing is socket services and Email functions.