Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OB1Kenobi

MP370 program download

3 posts in this topic

Hi there! I am having a hard time downloading my ProTool project to the MP370. I tried it via Ethernet but it doesn't work. I don't know if I set it up wrong in Windows CE or if I used the wrong addresses... Does anybody have a hint for me? Thank you!

Do you have a possibility to download through RS232 port? That would be the easiest option. If you don't have it then use MPI port but make sure that on MP side you choose correct settings inside the control panel - S7 transfer settings - Panel MPI address has to match your settings in ProTool and the channel has to be enabled; Cancel any remote access and tick option that panel is only master on the bus - at the same time make sure that on S7 side - PG/PC interface - MPI settings are default but PG is not master on the bus. As a last thing that could have gone wrong - if you have a brand new panel from Siemens with the latest firmware version then you will not be able to use ProTool software - obsolete - if so then you'll have to switch to WinCC Flexible HMI Software (latest version is adviced - 2007 + HF4) which will support the latest panel firmware. I hope you have a hint or two. Cheers!!

We always used a serial cable with the MP370, it seems to be the simplest way, I didnt think that you can do ethernet downloads to MP370 from Protool. Protool used to default to serial mode from memory Remember that the MP370 is now replaced by the MP377, and you have to use Win CC to configure the MP377. Conversion between MP370 protool projects and MP377 WinCC looks fairly straight forward, but I have never tried it in anger Mike