Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman47

DL-230 program access

6 posts in this topic

Greetings All ! I have an old machine that is using a DL-230 CPU on a small rack. Recently I had a problem with the outputs not working. There is only one output card, a D2-12TA. I connected to the PLC using Directsoft32 and it indicated that the outputs were on. I suspected a bad output card so I swapped it out with a spare; same result. I then replaced the CPU with one from an identical machine and everything worked. I wanted to clear the memory from the defective unit but I can't get the icons for upload and download to come on. Even in program mode I don't have any options. I checked this with the CPU that was working and found the same condition. Could this PLC be locked or password protected?

It sounds like you have the OEM edition of Directsoft. You might want to give Automationdirect.com a call and see what your options are.

I have Version 3.0 (build58). I don't see anything on AD's website that relates to the DirectSoft32, only DirectSoft5 (or 100) I downloaded and ran the 100 and got the same result. None of the Icons for upload or download, either to the PLC or the disk, are highlighted, all are greyed out. I checked another Direct Logic system and have the same result. Did something in my software run out? Do I have to un-install and re-install this ? I have the original CD w/product code, maybe this is the next step?

I have never seen what you are describing and I've been using AD stuff for over 10 years. Version 3 of Directsoft is over 6 years old, but the troubleshooting isn't much different than the new stuff other than a few minor issues. I think you need to contact AutomationDirect Tech Support. It's free and they can figure out what is going wrong in your setup. 1-800-633-0405 or email.

Thanks for the tip. I have been in contact with them and basically they want me to buy the new version.

Stickman47, I don't have an answer for you, but it doesn't seem as though there are many AD users on this site so you might want to try asking your question at the AD forums. Good Luck http://forum1.automationdirect.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi