Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
automation.engineer

Connecting RsView32 with Crystal Report

2 posts in this topic

I need help on connecting RsView32 to Crystal Report. I wish to print a report after every batch. The report must contain the pressure and the temperature from a single RTD(Analog Data) . The sampling rate of my report must be every minute for 45 minutes. And I need to be able to print the trend generated in RsView TrendX. I was told that crystal report was the perfect tool for this tasks. So I downloaded but didn't find any way to connect it. I read and looked for info and understand it must be by a OPC or DDE server but im not sure and i dont have any idea on how to setup de communication. PLZ if someone can Help me with this i Would really really appreciate it!! Thanks in advance my system is composed of a scada (RsView32) and a ControLogix 5000. And the data is confidencial so it shouldn't be stored just printed. Its for an Autoclave and i need to generate a after-batch report

Use a datalog model in RSView to record the data. The datalog file will be in .dbf format. Use Crystal Reports to configure and run a report on the contents of the log file.