Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mhollida

Recipe or Memory for set ups

2 posts in this topic

Great forum We do AB 504 series controls for Injection Molding machines. Have been using Proface 2000 series HMI panels. Need a better way to save setup data. We have about 80 or so N files and 50 bits (on / off). Example N10:0 = screw speed, N10:1 = injection speed, N10:2 = clamp speed etc. B15:0/1 = core on, B15:0/2 = eject on etc. All of the set points are loaded via the Proface Panel during set up of a job. Once the job is running ok the operator "saves" the data for future. Currently the way I do Memory is copy the N and B files to other locations. Example N10:0 length 128 -COPY- N11:0, N11 is memory location 1, N12 is memory 2 etc. Same thing for B files. I provide 15 memory locations. When the operator "loads" a memory location I use COPY funtion again in reverse sending the memory file back to the working fle. I have a customer that wants 100 memory locations, and would like to save some or all on removeable storage (CF card etc.) Not looking forward to writing all the copy instructions for 100 locations, is there a indexing routine that would make this easier, no expert but my data starts at N10:1 (128 words) and copied to N11:1 (memory 1) N11:2 (memory 2) etc. up to N111:1 (memory 100) since he wants 100. Is there a Indexing routine I could use so only have to use a few ladders and index up to proper storage location? Also would like to use HMI to store data if possible since the Proface 2000 has a CF card slot. I looked at the "recipe" function in proface software but this very confusing to me. Seems you can only manually enter data for each "recipe" , not what I want as we want to "save" data in the working files. Simple as a list of all N and B data that was entered into PLC "Copy" and "save" to CF card, with some sort of label. Then "load" data to PLC when needed? Not sure howto do this or if it is possible. We use Proface "prodesigner" and / or "ProBWinC" software for panels. Are there other HMI panels that could do memory storage and download to PLC? Sorry to be long winded. Thanks Mark

If you are familiar with indirect addressing you could use this and have the memory location # be your pointer. Example: If you want to copy to memory location #1 (which is N11) you would need to add 10 to the memory location # (ie 1) and put this in a register (say N9:0). Then address the copy to look like this #N[N9:0]:0. This will then move the data from #N10:0 to #N11:0 since N9:0 =11. Using indirect addressing can be confusing for someone who may have to troubleshoot the logic later so make sure you document everything. As for copying this information to a card using a Proface HMI, I don't have enough experience with Proface to answer that one. You might try contacting their techsupport or talk to your local rep. Edited by DEVO