Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gixer

Cab 19 cables

1 post in this topic

We had a job recently. Two E1101's 20 yards apart controlling 2 Fx2n's in the same control panel which is 40 yards from the E1101's. We had 8pair screened cable running from both Fx2's to the E1101's. At the control panel I cut 2 cab 19 cables in half and gave my mate 2 halves and told him to go join them up at the E1101's. In turn I joined my two halves onto the 8pair and plugged them into the Fx2's. I then went up to the E1101 and programmed the screen, but no matter what i did i couldn't get comms with the Fx2. Both E1101's were exactly the same. Thinking my mate had made an arse of it i went and checked his connections. Nothing wrong with them. Rechecked the configuration of the E1101's. Anyway after pulling my hair out for 10 hours the problem was this. Cab 19 cables are not the same. IE. the red core goes to pin 1 on one cable but goes to pin 5 on another cable. So if you ever have 2 E1000's on the same job, dont mix the 2 halves of the cab 19 cables. I know it was my fault for taking it for granted that all cat 19's would be the same, but all the same. Steve Edited by gixer