Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimdi4

Rockwell Automatio OEM tool kit program

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I just reviewed the Rockwell OEM toolkit program guide and would like other OEM comments about it. Is this something new or has it been around awhile? I am an OEM and usually transfer the software after startup. The tool kit does't allow software transfer. Either way, the OEM toolkit or the way I am doing it now, which is just purchasing the software with the job order, I always get the lastest software...However, We don't experience consistant PLC orders with every job, and that varies year after year. Anyone in a similar situation...... Jim Edited by jimdi4

I don't think the toolkit program is new but it was never well publicised. The last place I worked for had it.. It's almost like leasing the software (all of it :) rather than buying it. If you need access to ALL RSI products it is a good way to go. If your development work is limited to only a few families of products, then it might not make financial sense. and like you said, it does not cover transferring runtime licenses to your customers. Edited by gravitar