Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest prakash

PV300 TO Compacy Logix L30 Communication

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have system where in we have selected PV300(RS232 , DF1, DH485) AND Compactlogix L30, I have problem in Doing the Screens in Panel Builder, I have tag Mentioned PV1_DOOR_OPEN in my Logic , But i am unable to give the same tag address in the Panelbuilder. Does it Support these address or is their any alternative to do this. Thanks in adavance for help Prakash

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that some of the panelview terminals will not accept the tag based address system of the compactlogix processors, instead file:word/bit addresses have to be used. The variables that you wish to display on the panelview must be copied into an array, e.g. data[0..10] of INT, this array is then mapped to an SLC/PLC message file in the processor, e.g. to file 7. So in the panelview it would be read the same as an SLC e.g. N7:0

Ian is correct; the PanelViews that use the old PCCC type networks (DF1, DH485, and DH+) only support PLC-5 or SLC-500 style addresses. I usually set up an array or two just for PanelView communications and then set aside a periodic program to copy my functional Logix tags to the tag array that is mapped to PLC-style addresses.

Thanks a Lot I followed the Same, But i still Not have the hardware to Test.Thanks again Prakash