Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baghuan

PV+ 600/Micrologix 1200 connection problems

1 post in this topic

Hello all. I am trying to set up a new system consisting of a PanelView Plus 600 (2711P-T6C5D, RSView ME v4.00.12) and a Micrologix 1200 (1762-L40AWAR) connected through an AB Port Splitter (1747-DPS1) and also to my laptop. I have read the PDF from AB on the port splitter, and all the following connections are from that. The PV+ is connected to the network port on the DPS1 using a 2711-CBL-PM05, the PLC is on the controller port of the DPS1 through a 1762-CBL-HM02, and the laptop is connected to the Prog/HMI port with a 1747-CP3 cable. I do not have a built in serial port on the laptop, I have a Socket PCMCIA card. I am running RSLinx Professional(2.43.00.21), I have RSView Studio(3.10.00) with RSLinx Enterprise. Within RSLinx professional I can see the PLC on the DF1 driver. Within RSView Studio/RSLinx Enterprise I can see the PLC on the DF1 node. If I connect from the serial card to the PV+ directly with a 2711-NC13 cable and turn off the auto configure on the DF1 driver in RsLinx Enterprise I can see the PV+ and download to it. I am not married to this configuration, and I have tried downloading everything to the PLC and the PV+ and then connecting the two of them using a 2711-NC21 but there is no communication between them then either. I am at my wits end, and any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.