Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim H

Ramp function in Micrologix 1200

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to get a ramp function built in micrologix 1200 but this processor does not support the RMP function. Does anyone have a sample code I can use that would mimic the RMP function. I am trying to control an analog output that goes to a drive so I can ramp the speed along a certain profile. eg: 1) go from 0 RPM to 3000 RPM in 2 seconds 2) Stay at 3000 RPM for 5 seconds 3) Ramp down to 0 RPM in 5 seconds 4) repeat Program Any help would be great... Thanks!

Here is how I have done a Trapazoidal Motion Profile in the past. You can most definatly make it simpler, but this I have kept around for reference, and allows all points of the profile to be modified. TRAPAZOID_MOTION_RAMP.pdf

((Ending_Setpoint - Starting_Setpoint) *Elapsed_Time / Ramp_Time) + Starting_Setpoint. Make sure you don't divide by zero if the ramp time is zero. edit: I have attached an example. ML1200RAMP.pdf Edited by Alaric

The programs worked great!! Thanks guys.. Keep up the good work! Awsome Edited by Tim H

Glad to hear it. Welcome to the forum and hope to see you around more - I see you offered help on another topic. Thats what its all about.