Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mracer

RsView with iSeries Access for Windows Problem

4 posts in this topic

We have a work station that was upgraded to a new box with XP. We have re installed the RSView32 runtime software and had it working as before. When our I.T. installed the iSeries Access for Windows software, It will not run if the RSView32 is running. If iSeries Access for Windows is running and RSView is started the iSeries Access will shut down. Anyone run across this before? Thanks Marv.

If you're talking about the IT dept messing up control systems....lots of people have. Tell IT to butt out.

LOL, Gerry, I hear ya there. I wasn't even told about the switch until had already been started. I'm thinking it's time to add some hardware and put the PLC on the network and do the logging they are asking for with Plantmetrics. We have it, I'm just vary green using it. I do have a integrator that will help me out. Marv.

Yes. Anything which firewalls ports which RS-View uses, or grabs access to hardware and essentially "firewalls" the hardware, will screw up RS-View. RS-Linx Enterprise/Classic and anything else similar also have problems co-existing because they both have a tendency to take over your serial port. You can control this bad behavior with RS-Linx classic, but Enterprise is more or less the virus version and won't let go. The worst situation I've seen is when an IT department came in and replaced all the PC's with terminals...err, "thin clients". Then couldn't understand why they couldn't simply install the HMI software on their server.