Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuttsNutts

RSView32 question

3 posts in this topic

Hiyo. Oh-er, I've been given this RSView application to modify and I have installed (on my stand-alone computer) RSView32 Workd 100K Release number 7.10.00(CPR 6) with installed add-ons listed as Tools & Utilities 2.1 (Build 2.1.0) Anyway, I can open many of the graphics pages but not others. However, when I switch to Run Mode, everything seems to work Ok. But in Edit Mode, trying to open a screen gives me this error message: "Unable to open ActiveX control for display Chimney" "cause: RSView32/SE Idle Detect Control: ActiveX control not found on this computer". Ok, so my page called "Chimney" contains something somebody designed and has an ActiveX ontrol I have not got on my computer. I'm new to this RSView thingy, so where do I find out which add-in do I have to install, can I download it or what CD might it be on? Any help is greatly appreciated. Mutts

Ok, I have more info. Under the Logic & Control part, there is the Visual Basic Edit Module. Opening this reveals a form with textboxes and so forth and a code module that opens a database and populates these textboxes. What I'm thinking here is that either the ODBC driver is not set up, or (more likely) I do not have the ActiveX plugin installed in RSView that allows me to create (or open) a page and use an ActiveX control that uses this VBA form. Is this right, and if so, how can I resolve this? (If it is not so, please direct me to the nearest 200ft cliff) Thanks.

Update. I found it. Because the screen would not open in the project I could not see what was missing and the error message wasn't so helpful as it could have been. So, I opened the file in notepad and had a look at it. I managed to see a reference to the .OCX file that was missing, ran it on Google and got 1 result (...!) Downloaded it from the AB website, installed it and job done! Not so difficult in the end (isn't that the same with everything!)