Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ifriarod

CRC Calculation

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, again. Is it possible to create a Cyclical Redundany Check (CRC) program in CLogix? How can i do that? I have been reading something about that; but it is just confusing me. Thanks in advance for any help. Isaias Frias

Please explain the need to do the crc check for any communication you deal with?

The example is available in the Vendor sample project the file name is Modbusmaster.acd. with rsl5k

Thanks for the answer That is the reason: I have this project: My client installed 200 power reader devices (Circutor). So I decided to connect them in a controlnet network, using an HMS gateway, modubus rtu to controlnet. Of course no more than 15 circutor devices per modbus network (because machinne distributions). I was reading the query i need to send to circutor device and what is the answer it gives to me, in the example of circutor's user manual, i see that in the query it send a crc hex code, and the circutor return a crc value. That is the reason for the question... Thanks for your help. Isaias Frias Rguez