Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chuli

communication of a PLC5/11 with a Panelview plus 1000

5 posts in this topic

Hi, i need a lot of help because i´m in a big trouble there is a machine (so old) that has a PLC5/11 and a supervisory system, atached by the CH1 now we need to connect a panelview plus 1000 using the CH0 using RS232, but i dont know how because the Rsview Machine edition doesnt let me see the tags if i try to configure the connection it doest work it is maybe the PLC5 uses the adress and the rsliks machine edition configurator search for the tags like in controllogix i need someone who has done it to explain to me step by step how to configure the comunication in the machine edition, becuase if i open the rslinks the rs-who shows me the PLC5 on the network. thanks a lot. i've already load the tag database offline using the opc server and the dde server. i also attach the program of the PLC5. EVAPORADOR1_14_AGOSTO.rar

Two options. First, buy a DH+ module and attach the PV1000+ to channel 1A or 1B if it is open. Second, buy a Digi One IAP. Look on the Digi One web site. They specifically talk about doing this. This device has 2 serial ports and an Ethernet port. Once configured, you can attach the PLC to one serial port, the PV1000+ to the second serial port. You plug the Ethernet port into your LAN. Then you can simultaneously progam the PLC and PV1000+ through the Ethernet port while they are connected!

thanks paulengr .... but explain to me first something, can i communicate a PLC5/11 with a panelview plus 1000 using just the serial port of the PLC5/11 (chanel 0) you know and the serial port of the panelview. i just know a few of allen bradley but what i have read is that the PLC5/11 has two ports one is the CH0 which supports RS232, RS422 and RS423. and also this PLC5/11 has a CH1 that supports DH+. that means that i can connect the PLC and the panelview using CH0 and the serial port of the panelview, is that correct? the second issue is the way of how to configurate the RSview machine edition, to let you see the memory address of the PLC program, it works really god with a controllogix (because of the addresing mode), but with PLC5 is a headache. thanks.

Yes, you can connect the RS-232 Channel 0 port of a PLC-5/11 controller to a PanelView Plus terminal's RS232 serial port. The cable will be a "straight through" RS232 cable, not the common 1784-CP10 "null modem" type cable that you use to connect your PC to the PLC-5 Channel 0 port. The difficult part is correctly configuring the Shortcut to the PLC-5 in RSLinx Enterprise software (the Communications Configuration inside RSView Studio). First, you must have the RSLinx Classic driver (the one you use with RSLogix 5) turned off. Next, you must configure a shortcut and select the DF1 Full Duplex driver in RSLinx Enterprise. Do this both in the Local and Target tabs of RSLinx Enterprise. Can you post your current configuration in RSLinx Enterprise ?

now i have done it online but i need to develop the aplication offline and if i try to configure the offline tag file, it ask me about a rslogix5000 file, i have already export the database from the plc5 program but it doesnt work does any one has do it before can please explain to me. thanks a lot a best regards