Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
autocontrolit

1785-ENET Compatibility Help Please

7 posts in this topic

I have a 1785-ENET Series B Firmware D REV J02 manufactured 03/04 that was used with a 1785-L40B Series B Firmware A. I am trying to use it with either a 1785-L60B Series C Rev D or a 1785-L40B Series C Rev D, neither will work. The STAT led on the 1785-ENET flashes 37 PLC5 not compatible? What Series/REV is compatible with the 1785-ENET?

See TN 14976 Ser B rev A is not compatible with sidecar. B/L is minimum Ser C rev D also is not compatible, C/K is minimum Your B/A controller probably was upgraded some time ago and label was not changed.

Thanks for the reply, I started to suspect this before logging back in. I checked the offline image of the 1785-L40B Series B it was a Rev N. It was upgraded without changing the label. These processors can not be flash upgraded can they? If I remember correctly an eeprom needs to be changed? Edited by autocontrolit

It will be EEPROM and flash for later series and it is not free You have to buy it from the local distibutor

Figures it will be cheaper to buy another processor! Thanks!

Not really, L60B is almost $15K FW upgrade is $620 list Because you are getting FW to use with 1785-ENET card you can order using a special PN that is less money than regulat FW upgrade Order FWNP5-ENET - you will need to specify exact PN and series of your PLC5. Distributor knows how to do it. Only $240 list Edited by Contr_Conn

Actually I just purchased a 1785-L40C/E Series E for $115 should be here in 2-3 days, it just goes in my garage to monitor my systems etc. Thanks for your help, I did forget about the Rev Upgrade.