Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loonx

Modicon Fiber Optic Repeater to Singlemode

2 posts in this topic

I m using a Modicon (Multimode) Fiber Optic Repeater to link up the Main CPU Rack to the remote I/O rack. Due to my client's requirement we need to use single-mode FO for field cabling. Currently i m sourcing for a third party multimode to singlemode converter that is compatible with Modicon 490NRP954. I have tested a few converter but failed. One issue that caught my attention is the wavelength. According to Modicon's manual, the wavelength from the Repeater is 820nm. But most converter i m using supports only 850nm & 1300nm. I m not really familiar with fibre optic, can anyone help??

Hi  Fiber optics is full of jargon but it's important to understand it. One of the more confusing terms to many is "wavelength." It sounds very scientific, but it is simply the term used to define what we think of as the color of light.Light is part of the "electromagnetic spectrum" that also includes x-rays, ultraviolet radiation, microwaves, radio, TV, cell phones, and all the other wireless signals. They are simply electromagnetic radiation of different wavelengths. The range of wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation as a spectrum. Multi-mode optical fiber is a type of optical fiber mostly used for communication over short distances, such as within a building or on a campus. Typical multi mode links have data rates of 10 Mbit/s to 10 Gbit/s over link lengths of up to 600 meters. To know more about the fibre optics, you can visit various online sources like http://www.andcorp.com.au/.