Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Apperley

CJ1M Ethernet using .Net

1 post in this topic

For those that are interested here is my response to a question raised in my "Personal Mail" on this forum. I've quoted the original question first. Jacco, My work on the PDA was using Bluetooth and serial communications. I used both FINS and Hostlink commands but via a virtual serial port over Bluetooth. I didn't do any socket programming on the PDA as the PDA did not have WiFi capability. To use Wifi you would need to use "sockets" and either TCP or UDP. I have worked with sockets on a desktop PC to communicate with a CJIM PLC and it was fairly straightforward after I'd read the OMRON ETN21 manual and done some research on ethernet client and server socket programming in Delphi or .NET. I don't have the prototype code at hand right now to be able to send to you and unfortunately I had to return the loan CJ1M so I can't continue that work right now. There doesn't seem to be any commercial demand for such programming but I am happy to produce a brief tutorial with code if someone wants to loan and ship me a CJ1M with ETN21 adapter. As I recall there are some OMRON program examples either in the manual. In summary the main requirements are: a) setting up the node number and TCP parameters etc on the ETN21 unit - you should be able to "ping" the unit from a PC once this is done correctly, subject of course to the usual networking routing parameters. b) reading the OMRON manual and understanding both the protocols and the ethernet unit : W227_E1_02_FINS_Commands_Reference_Manual.pdf W342_E1_09_CS_CJ_Communications_Commands_Reference_Manual.pdf W420_E1_03_CS1W_ETN21_Users_Manual.pdf W421_E1_02_CS1W_CJ1W_ETN21_Operation_Manual.pdf W420 is probably the most pertinent but you'll need to also understand the FINS commands. c) Read articles such as: http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/C-Sharp/Soc...ng-in-C-Part-I/ http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/C-Sharp/Soc...-in-C-Part-I/1/ Hope this helps. Eric Edited by Eric Apperley