Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkalavitz

Small PLC program needed..

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am not sure if this forum has anyone who can create a simple Ladder Logic PLC program for me or not. If not, do you have any advice on a PLC Freelancer ? This program has 3 outputs and 0 inputs. I have a Idec Micro3 controller and utilized WindLDR software to load the PLC...I don't have enough knowledge to create this program and do not currently have the time to learn. Please see the .PDF attachment for the outputs and time line. I would like to get this ASAP as I have testing I want to start. I look forward to your response and advice.. thx Mike 070523___PneuTek___PLC_Test_Loop.pdf

Notice that there isn't an Idec-specific forum on MrPLC. How "set" are you on using the Idec PLC? Someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but my perception of Idec PLCs is that they aren't nearly as popular as A-B, Omron, Siemens, etc. which translates into a much smaller talent pool for you to draw from. Which isn't to say that they're inferior (as I have no idea), just that it won't be as easy for you to get help. Your application looks pretty simple.. I think if you used a sequencer you could complete it in just a handful of rungs. I am certain that if you were to make the decision to use a Micrologix controller, you'd get all the help you would need in the A-B forum, free of charge. I'm sure the same holds true for any of the other MrPLC forums, too. where abouts in the USA are you? If you can't change PLCs, maybe someone local can help you figure it out. If you were not too far from Detroit, I could be persuaded to sit down with your PLC and software and figure it out :)

Thanks for the advice.....Next time I need one, I will definitely do some research.. In this case, I did find someone who could knock out a program for me....Everything is kicking right now.. Thanks for the help... Mike

Hi Mike; I'm glad you found someone to write your program. Came upon your request a little late, as I'm a new member, but I'd be happy to help with something in the future if you have questions regarding the IDEC suite. I've found it reliable and quite user friendly. Still have the programming software somewhere. I'll keep my eye out for any more requests for assistance with IDEC. Take care, speakerman