Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Country

ToyoPuc

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone had experience with Toyo Puc software. I am trying to get a job at a place that is big on these PLC's . But I have never even heard of them.

Going to work for Toyota? I thought they were the only company that used them. Thay are made by Toyota, AFAIK. The company I work for did a job for Toyota and had to use a Toyopuc PLC. We've still got the software floating around somewhere I think. That was long before I started though, so I can't relate any personal experiences.

Yeah I've been throwing the idea around for awhile now. Just trying to get a heads up on what I will be getting myself into if I was to go.

Maybe there's a Toyota employee/contractor that can give some perspective. All I know is what I hear. And from those I've spoken to that have toured their facilities and studied their methods, I hear a lot of positives.

Toyopuc are made by Toyota, and I have never heard of one used outside their facilities. Some of their North American operations use ControlLogix (like the NUMMI plant in northern California) but we've installed some line performance software on top of an all-Toyopuc system using an OPC server. The downside of working with those is that your controller-specific skills won't be useful elsewhere. Your manufacturing process skills will, though, anywhere that continuous improvement is used.