Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yogesh

ERROR: Internal Object Identifier (IOI) Destination Unknown

3 posts in this topic

hi, i am using Rslogix V16 with controllogix L63 CPU. My program contains SINT tag "Conv_1_1". I am using Conv_1_1.0 bit in logic and when i am trying to download the same then I am getting an error called: "ERROR: Internal Object Identifier (IOI) Destination Unknown". What could be the reason and possible solution for this......?

can you post your code may be this Answer Involved all 5800 versions up to and including 13.02. PROBLEM: 5800 online edit error message is returned: Failed to set tag “Tag_Name_In_Your_Project” value. Internal Object Identifier (IOI) destination unknown. The error is returned when changing a tag value online in RUN mode. CAUSE: The tag being modified is part of an Array of BOOL data types that are being passed between Subroutines. This is an anomaly in the 5800 version 6 through 13 and will be fixed in the version 15. It also effects the RSEmulate 5000 versions up to and including the version 13. SOLUTION: It is recommended that Arrays of BOOL data types not be passed or returned as parameters between subroutines in these versions.

This issue, or similar still exists beyond v15. I'm trying to add some logic changes for a customer on an L61 using v18.02. I just got this error trying to import a new routine online to a running CPU. Both the routine and the AOI instruction verified in the offline project before exporting the L5K. The routine I was trying to import is using a new AOI which has required BOOL outputs. In the routine I have used BOOL tags aliased to elements of a BOOL array. All tags, the AOI, and routine (of course) are new to the online project. So either it's not just about changing tags in online run mode, or it doesn't differentiate between existing tags and the new tags which came along with the imported .L5K file. At the very end of the import process I get a message "Error: Add-On Instruction 'AI_ALM': Internal Object Identifier(IOI) destination unknown." AI_ALM is my new AOI. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Otherwise we'll have to look at doing the code differently or waiting until we can take the machine down to do a download (assuming that will work). Thanks, -Brad